BEFORE THE RELEASE
Pack some testing versions of the coming source onto the homepage.
One till two weeks before the release the translators should
be notified to give them a chance to update their translation.
Below is a list of translators who want to be notified:
Please see the AUTHORS file in the source distribution for the email adresses!
- delusional (to check English translation)
- Takeshi Aihana (Japanese translation)
- Carlos Fenollosa (Spanish translation)
- Park Ji-In (Korean translation)
- Stephane Jourdan (French translation)
- Vladimir Petkov (Bulgarian translation)
- Tomislav Markovski (Macedonian translation)
- Dario Conigliaro (Italian translation)
- Tibor Pittich (Slovak)
- Martin-Éric Racin (Finnish)
The current policy is not to wait for all translation, because
late comers can be added to the bugfix releases.
After the tarball was posted:
- Execute TestCases update the version column, set status to failed if there are problems and add a short error description. Ensure there are only minor problems left.
- Update Translations
- Upload translated help feeds (currently: es)
- Update help feed URL version number in conf.h (FIXME: automate this)
- Update version number in configure.in
- Update version number in about item of the help feed (note: dont automate this!)
- Remove bug infos for old versions from the help feed
- Ensure there is a new Changelog entry
- Ensure there is a new po/Changelog entry if translation were added
- Ensure all new contributors are added in AUTHORS
- Ensure all new contributors are added to the about dialog
- Create new release on SourceForge? (add new Changelog block as SF Changelog and a short two-three sentences about the type of the release)
- put "make dist" tarball to SourceForge?
- Announce new release on Freshmeat
- If not yet done create a CVS branch for the released version.
- Close all fixed bug reports (set status to fixed, add comment like "fixed in release xxx, reopen if ...")
- Close all added patches (set status to accepted, add comment like "released with xxx")
- Close all implemented change requests (add comment like "implemented with release xxx")
- Update roadmap, last modified date, tarball links and implemented/planned features on the homepage.
- Upload package maintainer packages to SourceForge? . Currently there are packages for
- Slackware Tarball from Dario Conigliaro
- SuSE? RPMs? from Harry Auschner (update RPM links on Freshmeat)
- Add new bug informations to the help feed (short description, versions which contains the bug and if available version the bug is fixed in)